Los Santos de Maimona

Plaza de España-Paseo de las Barandas

Arquitectura Civil

This is the heart of the town. It began to take shape in 1513, when some houses in the centre of the town were demolished, being known as the Plaza Grande (big square) as opposed to the Plaza Chica (small square) on the other side of the parish. It assumed its present appearance in 1929 when Paseo de las Barrandas promenade was laid in the Portuguese style with cobblestones and a decorative lamppost brought from Seville, dating from 1888.