THE ROUTE, QUALITY DESTINATION
In 2007, many of the municipalities integrated into the product “Ruta de la Plata” joined the SICTED program, with the aim of improving the competitiveness of the destination and local tourism sector. After several years of active participation, there are currently 14 destinations working in this system that bring together around 500 distinguished companies.
The project activity of these destinations is reflected in the achievement of the following awards:
- Award as Best SICTED Destinations: Leon in 2011, Gijón in 2012.
- Award for Best SICTED Manager: Carmona in 2011 and Gijón in 2012.
- Award for the best SICTED Improvement Project: Gijón in 2014.
- 2nd Runner-Up Award Best SICTED Destination: Central Mountain in 2016.
What is SICTED
The Integral System of Tourism Quality in Destination (SICTED) is a project to improve the quality of tourist destinations promoted by the Institute of Tourism of Spain (TURESPAIA) and the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP), which works with companies/tourist services of up to 30 different trades.
- Offer a homogeneous level of quality in all the tourist services that are part of the destination offer.
- Increase the satisfaction of tourists and promote the loyalty of them.
- Increase the involvement and participation of entrepreneurs in the tourist development of the destination.
- Increase the competitiveness of the tourist companies of the destination.
More information: http://www.calidadendestino.es/
Route destinations working with SICTED